No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 07, 2019, 06:10:37 PM

Offline Milk

• Darkstorm is good.
on: July 31, 2019, 06:09:16 PM

1. Name of addon: Overhauled Radial Menu

2. Features of addon: Access useful tools very quickly with a hold-to-display customizable radial menu.

3. Why it should be added?: It got approved here very quickly, but 5 years ago: https://forums.darkstormservers.com/index.php?topic=133.msg388#msg388 Doesn't seem to be on the server anymore. It's a very good lightweight QOL addon. Here's a pic of my own menu, accessed with Tab:

4. Link to the addon: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=265292490

5. Size of addon: 33kb

Offline thebluedroid

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 06:22:05 PM

We should also include a gesture wheel! :D

Offline Velcro

• Microwaved dogs
  • Regular
  • What in the heckin name of bryant is this
    • Just my steam profile :P
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 06:23:50 PM

Eh, while some other people may like this; I personally find it Cumbersome and, seems like it would slow down PVP, and make it less based on skill and more based on "What junk do you have in the trunk"

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

Offline MidNite

• Hobo God
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 06:31:56 PM

Personally I find it really annoying to have to go through all the menus and search for frequently used tools, so I'd say it's a good addition for those who frequently build.

Offline Milk

• Darkstorm is good.
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 06:34:39 PM

Hmm, I didn't know it could be used to quickly spawn weapons. Then again, one can always make a custom spawnlist full of weapons in vanilla (I did so). I think the benefit for builders outweighs whatever you could get in PVP; it is a build server too after all. Perhaps it could even be modified to only allow tool selection.

Offline thebluedroid

Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 06:46:07 PM

Eh, while some other people may like this; I personally find it Cumbersome and, seems like it would slow down PVP, and make it less based on skill and more based on "What junk do you have in the trunk"
How would it slow down PvP?

Offline Velcro

• Microwaved dogs
  • Regular
  • What in the heckin name of bryant is this
    • Just my steam profile :P
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 06:47:48 PM

Everyone would be taking a few shots, swapping weapons, shooting again, rinse and repeat

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

Offline MidNite

• Hobo God
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 06:57:48 PM

Everyone would be taking a few shots, swapping weapons, shooting again, rinse and repeat
I've seen people already do that without the mod, so it doesn't seem like anything would change.

Offline thebluedroid

Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 07:07:32 PM

You can do that in vanilla G-Mod.

Offline Backcats

• Sicc Toes, gurl.
  • Manager
  • Regular
  • uyh dumi, lrrnn 2 spehl
Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 07:20:52 PM

yes

By Golly, this player is quite a dumble oor. Like, why does this fool exist!?!

Offline Zafiro

• Developer
  • Manager
  • Veteran
  • (repwhoring)
    • Steam Link
Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 11:00:06 PM

Kinda moot as I have quickswap binds for 2 guns already, all though anyone full tryhard could fast swap between anything without a menu.

Offline Legomenon

• Manager
  • Regular
  • I make stuff.
Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 05:07:55 PM

Re-appointing my vote from no to yes. Switching between tools when building mechanically will always be easier and evidently more convenient with the radial menu. This add-on is mostly about convenience(edit: ease of use), which I support.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:19:58 PM by Legomenon »

-={ 𝓣𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓵𝓮𝓼! }=-