Make sure you read the forum's rules at:
https://forums.darkstormservers.com/index.php?topic=3088.0

How to keep your computer from becoming a piece of garbage

☣☢Bryantdl7☢☣ · 627

Offline ☣☢Bryantdl7☢☣

• Owner
  • Saint
  • +Rep's Unwelcome

Obviously nobody knows how to fix their computers these days that's why I am always fixing co workers computers etc. really people, everything I use to keep my computer virus free is... Free. Anyways I'm just going to list off the programs which are insanely easy to use to get your computer to be more effective then a toaster in a bathtub...

Avast free anti virus- it gets rid of all the viruses that could do serious harm to windows itself etc etc, you shouldn't have Norton or mcafee they are both viruses in a sense.

Zone alarm free firewall- this is to make it so people wanting to ddos you or hack you really can't, plus you get real time access to what programs can connect to the Internet if that matters to you...

Malwarebytes- this gets rid of most of the annoying toolbars and other spyware in your browsers and such, plus some low level viruses that could be sending out stuff like passwords.

Spybot search & destroy- this gets rid of anything reporting your personal information out, plus other types of malware like key loggers and such. This is also free and not hard to use if you have common sense...

All of these are free and can be downloaded off cnet, which is also a reputable site.

If you don't have all of the above on your computer expect issues with windows failing and things like that, just saying. The last time I had a computer crash was when I had first built mine and I was still working out the bugs.

Experience to back this up: 30+ computers people said were completely useless I have made back to like new conditions, I have built my own computer including installing windows, and I use to be horrid with computers for proof anyone can do what I do...

Anyways that sums up my detailed rant I thought up while half asleep; take my advice if you have any common sense please.

One more thing; don't waste your money on paid anti virus programs. Just because they say they're all that doesn't mean anything.

I'll gladly help people who need help getting crap off their computer, just I'm not held responsible for if you ruin your computer through ignorance. 

Leave a +rep if this was helpful
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:23:04 PM by ☣☢Bryantdl7☢☣ »

gayTHIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!

Offline Sgt.Shutesie

• Retired Staff
  • Veteran

My dad has his own Computer business, a small one at that, but still he can fix a computer. You would be amazed by what some malware scans on other people's computer can pull out, I think the last person he helped has over 1000 files.

THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!

Offline ☣☢Bryantdl7☢☣

• Owner
  • Saint
  • +Rep's Unwelcome

My max was 4228, not counting Trojans and such

gayTHIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!