News

You can check out any new posts by clicking the "New Posts" button to the right!

AMD vs Intel

derek01 · 2151

Offline derek01

• eat chicken
  • Manager
  • Saint
  • Cry to Minecraft Music
    • Yes
on: March 05, 2016, 10:28:37 PM

This is why some, if not most, have an AMD CPU/GPU and prefer it.
I'm the proud user/owner of an AMD A8 Vision with Radeon HD Graphics.

THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!

Offline Nien Nunb (Traitorous)

• Oracle of the Memes
  • Superadmin
  • Saint
  • Only Half Jewish
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:01:09 PM

The problem with AMD is they tend to be more expensive for a little more power. (NOTE, this is depending on the card, my Intel card's equivalent in AMD is a tiny bit better, but 200-300 dollars more, so for that case, yes, for other cases, it's cheaper.) I'm, personally, an Intel user, but I have no beef with AMD. When it comes to GPU, I wouldn't recommend AMD. Here's the thing about CPU's though, Intel is better when you are looking at the highest end possible, AMD is better at lower ends though. With that said, it depends on the person and what they are doing. AMD creates a Sh*t ton more heat as well, which is simple to fix, I guess. If you are just gaming, AMD, if you are doing more than gaming, Intel. Overall, again, it depends on who you are. There is no superior company. They are not the same, they are both better at different places. On to GPU, F*ck NO to Intel GPU, that stuff can leave. Now, a major part of Nvidia is PhysX, many people claim you can't get this on AMD, that is complete bullSh*t, as you can. With that said, it will always be WAY more superior on Nvidia than AMD, as it would be running off your CPU with AMD. Nvidia is constantly jumping above AMD, then AMD jumps right back above Nvidia. They are pretty even. Now, if you look at Physx, that makes Nvidia superior to AMD, but that likely won't be forever. AMD is upgrading their stuff much faster than Nvidia, AMD will eventually become bigger. Nvidia has a slightly better card than the AMD equivalent, and a much better reputation, the reputation alone boosts it a bit. Another thing, if you have multiple monitors, you might want to go with AMD. No one is superior in every way. They are even, Nvidia & AMD in GPU, Intel & AMD in CPU. Once again, it falls down to your budget, what you'll be doing, and how you'll be doing it.

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” – Josef Stalin

Offline derek01

• eat chicken
  • Manager
  • Saint
  • Cry to Minecraft Music
    • Yes
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 06:32:57 AM

Nvidia PhysX is also a major part in the game title 'NASCAR: The Game 20xx'

• Oracle of the Memes
  • Superadmin
  • Saint
  • Only Half Jewish
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 10:01:22 AM

Nvidia PhysX is also a major part in the game title 'NASCAR: The Game 20xx'
Wut?

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” – Josef Stalin

Offline BlackPaisley

• Administrator
  • Regular
  • Black Paisley Records
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 10:02:19 AM

Nvidia and Intel wins by default. Never go with AMD.

Trust We Go Hard

• Oracle of the Memes
  • Superadmin
  • Saint
  • Only Half Jewish
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 10:06:54 AM

Lol, no. AMD is better, depending on what you are doing. If you are the most hardcore of all gamers, yeah, Nvidia and Intel, if you are going to do editing, GPU doesn't matter as much, but Intel, if you aren't a hardcore gamer, and you want to do gaming, AMD, and you have a choice between the two for GPU there. I'm assuming you aren't going off facts in this statement, as Nvidia and Intel have a much larger reputation than AMD, but it all goes down to what you are doing.

Offline BlackPaisley

• Administrator
  • Regular
  • Black Paisley Records
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 06:02:45 PM

Lol, no. AMD is better, depending on what you are doing. If you are the most hardcore of all gamers, yeah, Nvidia and Intel, if you are going to do editing, GPU doesn't matter as much, but Intel, if you aren't a hardcore gamer, and you want to do gaming, AMD, and you have a choice between the two for GPU there. I'm assuming you aren't going off facts in this statement, as Nvidia and Intel have a much larger reputation than AMD, but it all goes down to what you are doing.
Unless you want to waste money on something that will most likely bluescreen your computer or overheat then yeah, go with AMD. Nvidia is meant for gaming 100%, high performance, durable and more overclocking. Nvidia is favored for gaming for an obvious reason. If you're going to roll with AMD, you might as well buy a Mac.

Trust We Go Hard

• Oracle of the Memes
  • Superadmin
  • Saint
  • Only Half Jewish
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 07:02:53 PM

Unless you want to waste money on something that will most likely bluescreen your computer or overheat then yeah, go with AMD. Nvidia is meant for gaming 100%, high performance, durable and more overclocking. Nvidia is favored for gaming for an obvious reason. If you're going to roll with AMD, you might as well buy a Mac.

AMD is good, you are just being too ignorant to realize. Again, it goes down to what you are doing, and you need to realize this.

Offline BlackPaisley

• Administrator
  • Regular
  • Black Paisley Records
Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 11:04:31 PM

AMD is good, you are just being too ignorant to realize. Again, it goes down to what you are doing, and you need to realize this.
What I realize is, AMD is a poor choice, there is no competition. Pretty much any youtuber and gamer will tell you otherwise, Nvidia is the cutting edge for everything related to gaming, art-related software and modeling software. Why risk buying something that will bluescreen your computer and overheats constantly when you can buy something that is long lasting and actually serves a purpose to gaming and multitasking by means of performance and standards? But you can continue to banter on about how "good" AMD is, I'm not convinced. I think the ignorance here, is believing that AMD is "good" or even somewhat "decent". Sure, if you can't afford a mid to high retail PC then you can roll with AMD, though that rig won't last longer than a hamster with ebola. And you need to realize this.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:21:04 PM by BlackPaisley »

Trust We Go Hard

Offline Zafiro

• Developer
  • Manager
  • Veteran
  • (repwhoring)
    • Steam Link
Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 11:41:13 PM

Sarah

Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 11:51:41 PM

Offline BlackPaisley

• Administrator
  • Regular
  • Black Paisley Records
Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 12:06:40 AM

Pretty much anyone can fanboy you know, lol.

Trust We Go Hard

Offline BlackPaisley

• Administrator
  • Regular
  • Black Paisley Records
Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 12:16:27 AM

Since I can pretty much foreshadow the direction this topic is going to take, I will withdraw from this discussion before I end up angering the rest of the participants. I will stick to my ideals and you folks can stick to yours, as big of a lost cause it is, I find it pointless. Under( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) this is Mark Okubo speaking, you bring dishonor to me and the tribe, i cri. But like I always do, I will just sit back and laugh, Mark Okubo signing out. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Trust We Go Hard

• Oracle of the Memes
  • Superadmin
  • Saint
  • Only Half Jewish
Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 07:08:36 AM

What I realize is, AMD is a poor choice, there is no competition. Pretty much any youtuber and gamer will tell you otherwise, Nvidia is the cutting edge for everything related to gaming, art-related software and modeling software. Why risk buying something that will bluescreen your computer and overheats constantly when you can buy something that is long lasting and actually serves a purpose to gaming and multitasking by means of performance and standards? But you can continue to banter on about how "good" AMD is, I'm not convinced. I think the ignorance here, is believing that AMD is "good" or even somewhat "decent". Sure, if you can't afford a mid to high retail PC then you can roll with AMD, though that rig won't last longer than a hamster with ebola. And you need to realize this.
I like Nvidia and Intel better, but AMD is a good company with good hardware, honestly, you need to read what I'm saying, and realize it's true. Though the video linked by Oath is a super biased video that was likely created or payed for by AMD, seriously, they have good Sh*t.

Offline BlackPaisley

• Administrator
  • Regular
  • Black Paisley Records
Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 07:42:46 AM

I like Nvidia and Intel better, but AMD is a good company with good hardware, honestly, you need to read what I'm saying, and realize it's true. Though the video linked by Oath is a super biased video that was likely created or payed for by AMD, seriously, they have good Sh*t.

TL;DR please refer to my statement above for more information.

Trust We Go Hard